NOVA Acoustics Ltd is one of the industry’s leading specialists in acoustic room design, noise control and soundproofing design. We offer a wide range of services and bespoke designs to achieve the acoustic requirements for your space. Our interior acoustic specialists strive to provide creative and functional designs to suit your purpose; they use their years of knowledge and experience to create the most acoustically comfortable environments.
While it’s true that there are some technical and mathematical concepts that go into producing good room acoustics, the general idea for achieving superb building acoustics can be straightforward. At NOVA Acoustics Ltd, we aim to make the science of building acoustics simple, so you can get on with being productive in your space, whatever its purpose.
Benefits of Good Room Acoustics
- Boosting concentration – everyone has experienced the difficulties of trying to complete a task with unwanted noise intruding on your working environment. Quality building acoustics can help in properly controlling this nuisance and ensuring that minds are free to stay on task.
- Improving communication – room acoustics are the foundation of effective communication. It’s not just unwanted, loud noise that makes conversations inaudible or difficult to follow, other factors such as an excessive number of hard surfaces can seriously impede speech intelligibility, meaning communication can suffer.
- Increasing comfort – the idea of holding a conversation at a comfortable level is familiar to everyone, but few people realise that the chances of achieving this can be significantly improved with the proper building acoustics. Increased comfort is also conducive to enhanced communication and increased levels of concentration.
- Improving productivity – although a bustling, noisy environment is what many people associate with productivity, too much noise can seriously hamper output. This is as true of office spaces and factories alike. Achieving optimal room acoustics goes hand in hand with keep productiveness at high levels.
- Ensuring privacy – in some instances, it is important that conversations and information are kept confidential. Quality building acoustics that help to maintain privacy are crucial for management and those working within healthcare or other information-sensitive environments.
- Ensuring audio-visual equipment works – companies will spend lots of money on the latest and greatest video and tele-conferencing equipment. All the while, many are oblivious to the fact that this equipment is the first to suffer from poor room acoustics. Ensuring that building acoustics are up to scratch is an extremely simple and cost-effective way of getting the most out of all those costly gadgets.